StatCounter

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Eye In The Sky

Dear Moon:


Wonder sometimes what it is you see up there.  Such a cold, gray, gloomy color, and yet in your glow I see shimmering glimpses of color, reflections perhaps of all the eyes staring upon you, casting their wishes and shedding their tears. 

Do you ever wish you had the power to grant the prayers that are whispered beneath you?  Maybe you do bring life to those desperate pleas.  Maybe you are the Higher Power that has so many names and faces down here on Earth.  Maybe you pull the strings, change the tides, and guide our destinies, under the names of God, Buddha, and Venus.

You have been my friend, my watchful lover, my confidante and soul mate.  You have bathed me in spirit when I’ve lost mine, given me hope when I had none.  In your light I have cried, loved, hated, and healed. 

Is there a Man hidden deep inside?  Or are you just an eye in the sky, as the song tells us? 

What are your wishes, your dreams?  Who watches over you when you cry at the lunacy you see below?  Does anyone wipe the tears away, or do they just rain over us without your will?  Does anyone ever notice when you are big and bright and beautiful to behold..?  Are you a lonely creature, up there with no pets, playmates or passionate embraces?  Are you an eye of solitude, of judgment? 

In my questions, I seek the answers to myself.  In your strength, I gather my own. 
Love,

~ Me

No comments:

Post a Comment